There are different categories of long distance relationships. Some are planned while some are not. In as much as sometimes it may be inevitable for you to avoid this kind of relationships.
It is very important to understand what you are getting yourself into when you finally make that decision to go ahead with the relationship. Let us look at the different categories of long distance relationships;
1. Those people who start from a distance from the very first day, like those who started dating online or via telephone.
2. Those who started and separated immediately they started dating.
3. Those who do not often see each other, maybe they get to see like once a week or twice a month.
4. Those who have been on for a while and separate for example they could have been in the relationship for a few years and had to separate due to one thing or the other.
5. Those who are separate and have no plans of coming together.
Relationships started over the phone or internet are likely not to succeed. The reason is that most times you don’t really get to know the person you are in a relationship with because there is no physical contact. You cannot tell someone’s true character over the internet.
Long distance relationships have heavier demand on character and commitment. Couples also tend to grow apart when in long distance relationships. Aside growing apart, you can also grow in love with someone else. This usually happens unintentionally.
Avoid long distance relationships. Every Married couples who had to separate due to very important factors should plan and find a way to come back together.
When you cannot avoid the distance you can bridge the gap by doing these things
1. Use technology like phones, the internet e.t.c
2. Try and visit as much as possible.
3. Try not to be unnecessarily close to the opposite sex.
4. Do not attend romantic events
5. Get busy and put your energy into something
6. Trust and pray. Don’t be overly jealous. Say a prayer for your partner.
Having done all of this, there should be a plan to end the long distance.
Now you have a choice. You can comment, share, or implement. I prefer if you implement, but I’ll appreciate all three. Leave a comment below and stay happy!
Featured image credit: www.hubpages.com