The human skin is an amazing organ and most likely the first thing people will notice when they meet and interact with you. Therefore, it is of utmost importance for our skin to be taken care of properly. Contrary to beliefs, skin care does not have to be expensive or complicated. Before embarking on any skin care routine make sure you find out your skin type. To maintain a healthy skin you need to start on the inside by eating balanced diet complete with fruits and vegetables that contain fiber, water, and antioxidants. In fact taking lots of water helps in the appearance of the skin and observing good skincare routines.
DAILY FACIAL SKIN CARE ROUTINE
- Cleansing; effective cleansing improves the quality of our skin. It is important to cleanse because clogged pores usually precede blemishes and acne.
How to cleanse: If you have make-up on, clean the makeup with a face wipe then moisten your face with lukewarm water. Apply a small amount of facial cleanser.
Gently spread the product over your skin using light circular movement, massage the product thoroughly into your face to help decongestion.
When choosing a face cleanser to make sure you choose cleansers that are soap free because over cleaning the face causes additional damage. A quality cleanser should contain ingredients such as clay which helps in removing dead skin cells and other impurities.
- Toning; women often leave this part of the routine but it is also important as the first one. If you want to have a vibrant skin then you should not leave this part out. Toners remove any remaining form of cleanser such as fine clay particles left on the face. It also closes the skin’s pores to protect it from further losing moisture which happens when cleansing. Toners restore the pH balance of the skin.
- Moisturizing; a quality moisturizer protects your skin from environmental damage, provides nutrients for the skin and prevents loss of moisture thereby slowing down aging process. Moisturizers should be applied morning and night using a night and day crème. A good moisturizer leaves the skin smooth and silky.
When you follow this daily facial skincare routines, you will experience significant changes in your skin tone.
WEEKLY FACIAL SKIN CARE ROUTINE
Set aside a few minutes once a week to deeply cleanse and nourish your skin. Your weekly regime should include exfoliation and use of a facial mask.
- Exfoliation is the removal of dead skin cells. The efficiency of skin care products will be increased by the exfoliation process. Exfoliation speeds up the rate of cell turnover. Scrubbing is another word for exfoliating. Using a facial scrub at least once every week makes the skin more receptive to skincare products and treatments.
- Facial Clay Mask will help remove toxins from the skin whilst moisturizing your skin as well.
Use a sunscreen with at least SPF 30 to protect your skin against sun rays.
BODY SKIN CARE ROUTINE
The same way we are so conscious of our faces should be the same way we are as regards our bodies. It is important to be mindful of the kind of products that we use on our bodies. To achieve a glowing skin, there are quite a number of things we should do as routine. Skincare routines should be a top priority for everyone who desires a flawless skin. For those of us with dry skin, I would advise you use a body wash instead of soap. However, body washes work for all skin types.
- Exfoliation; It is not only the face that needs exfoliation. There are different kinds of full body exfoliation, they are;
- Morrocan Hammam; the Moroccan hammam is a full body exfoliation process whereby natural Morrocan herbs are used to remove dead skin cells. The Morrocan hammam comes in different types pending on the result you desire. There is the one that will give you a lighter skin tone with time. I recommend that you do the Morrocan hammam once in two weeks or once a month.
- Body Scrubs; an abrasive product such as sugar and salt with aromatic such as essential oils are rubbed into the skin and massaged across the skin and then rinsed away. Body scrubs can be very rejuvenating. It can also improve blood circulation, help fight cellulite and improve the skin tone.
These two exfoliation processes work very well but I would strongly recommend the Morrocan hammam for thorough exfoliation. If you have other skincare routines that I missed, kindly put them in the comment section.
Featured image photo credit: www.garnierusa.com